Did you know, some foods can be a threat to your oral health? Yes, it’s true! Many foods can spur on tooth decay or crack your teeth causing intense pain. As a result, it is always ideal to keep in mind the foods that can damage your teeth, so you can protect your oral health through the years.
Our dentist, Dr. Hiroshi Saka, cares about your oral health and is happy to warn you against the dangers some foods have on your smile. That is why our team at Alpha Dental in Midlothian, Texas, is sharing a list of foods that can damage your teeth.
Here is a list of treats that can damage your teeth:
– Sour candy is almost the same in acidity levels as car battery acid and dangerous to your teeth.
– Sugary foods are capable of eating through your tooth enamel causing them to rot, which is why it’s best to avoid sugary substances.
– Hard candy like lollipops, candy canes or jawbreakers is known to chip and crack teeth and stick to your tooth enamel increasing the risk of cavities and gum disease.
– Chewy foods like gummy treats linger in your mouth long after you eat them because they cling to your teeth and can weaken your tooth enamel.
– Small popcorn kernels and popcorn balls can not only crack your teeth but can become lodged between your teeth or deep in your gums causing a toothache.
As you can see, many foods can dampen the health of your teeth. That is why it’s best to avoid foods that can be a threat to your oral health. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you would like a dental cleaning, please call us today at 972-954-9339 to make an appointment. Our team is happy to help you.